Monday, February 16, 2009

25 Things I Love About LA #1 - The Hollywood Sign

Inspired by Just Another American in Paris' list of things she loves about her city, I decided it would be fun to post up "25 Things I Love About Los Angeles".

#1: The Hollywood Sign.
Maybe it's because I see it pretty much every day when I leave the house, but the sign has become for me what the Golden Gate Bridge or the Transamerica Pyramid were for me growing up in San Francisco. A visual touchstone of sorts. There's also the emotional jolt it gives me, any time I'm feeling frustrated with my real, paying job. I mean, c'mon, can I actually complain that I get to be doing what I (and a million other people) would kill for as a career? Sure, sometimes I have to write crap I don't believe in, but a lot of times I don't. And for that, I'm thankful.
And when you get to drive 10 minutes from your house and then hike up Bronson Canyon, which provides amazing views like this, well color me happy.

No comments: