Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Dinner Party


Last night Noah put together a fabulous dinner party for my birthday. Twenty friends all made their way to our backyard for the celebration.

Now, being the first Sunday of the NFL season, Noah was in no way spending the day cooking up a storm. And neither was I, even though I knew the Niners game would likely end in heartbreak (it did). So Noah came up with a genius solution - catering!

Joan's on Third has a pretty solid food repertoire and wasn't bananas expensive, so they were our pick. We got a nice line-up of appetizers, entrees and dessert and didn't have to do a lick of cooking. Well, maybe I made a massive platter of the summer caprese from the previous post, this time with peaches and mozzarella as per the original.

The dish was gorgeous and I was going to grab a picture, except that in the time between putting it down, running in to grab the camera and returning to the food it was attacked by hungry guests. I mean, there were two tomato slices and one peach slice left, that's it. And I am not underestimating the dish size when I say it was ginormous. At least I knew people liked it.

Which means that today's picture is of the Rosemary Chicken Skewers with Whole Grain Mustard Dipping Sauce instead.

All in all the meal was delicious and the company was even better. Yay, birthdays!

No comments: